April 26, 2013
West Point, N.Y. – The Lafayette women’s tennis team dropped a 4-0 decision to Navy in the quarterfinals of the Patriot League Tournament on Friday afternoon. The Mids took two doubles matches and three singles matches to earn the four points.
Amanda Kusnierz and Lucy Bass were defeated, 8-2, at second doubles, while Ally Simels and Alison Dally lost, 8-1, at third doubles, giving Navy the lone doubles point. Caroline Nixon and Catherine Senopoulos were down, 6-4, at first doubles when the match was called.
Navy’s Emani Decquir defeated Jordyn Spellberg, 6-0, 6-0, at secondd singles, followed by Darien Sears defeating Kusnierz, 6-0, 6-0 at third singles to give the Mids a 3-0 lead. Logan Antill ended the match for Navy by beating Senopoulos, 6-1, 6-0. Liza Blank was trailing, 5-2, in her fifth singles match, while Bass was losing, 5-2 at No. 6 singles when the match was called. Nixon was down, 5-4, at first singles when the match ended.
The Leopards finish the season 4-10 overall and 0-5 in the Patriot League.
Navy 4, Lafayette 0
Order of finish: 2, 3
1. Erin Snook/Noelle Kaufmann (N) vs. Caroline Nixon/Catherine Senopoulos (La), 6-4 unfinished
2. Emani Decquir/Sam Droop (N) def. Amanda Kusnierz/Lucy Bass (La), 8-2
3. Darien Sears/Logan Antill (N) def. Ally Simels/Alison Dally (La), 8-1
Order of finish: 2, 3, 4
1. Decquir (N) vs. Nixon (La), 5-4 unfinished
2. Snook (N) def. Jordyn Spellberg (La), 6-0, 6-0
3. Sears (N) def. Kusnierz (La), 6-0, 6-0
4. Logan Antill (N) def. Senopoulos (La), 6-1, 6-0
5. Stef Ton (N) vs. Liza Blank (La), 6-1, 5-1 unfinished
6. Katie Porter (N) vs. Bass (La), 6-0, 5-2 unfinished