Women's Tennis Suffers First Loss to Fairfield
March 10, 2014
STAMFORD, Conn. – The women’s tennis program suffered their first loss of the season, falling to Fairfield University 6-1.
Caroline Nixon was bested in the first singles 6-0, 6-2 while Rocine Moschella was ousted 6-1, 6-0 in the second singles. In the third singles match, Catherine Senopoulos lost a close first set 7-5 before dropping the second set 6-0. Tori Almeida fell in the fourth singles 6-3, 6-3 and Lauren Tracy was defeated 6-3, 6-1 in the fifth singles match. Amanda Kusnierz picked up the lone singles win for Lafayette, besting her opponent 8-3.
In doubles, the Leopards dropped the first two matches before the third was called before completion. Both the pairs of Nixon/Senopoulos and Moschella/Almeida were ousted 8-5 and Tracy/Kusnierz were trailing their match 7-4 before it was called due to the doubles point already being decided.
Lafayette returns to action Mar. 21 with its first Patriot League match of the season against Army.
1. Yajima, Monica (FFDW) def. Nixon, Caroline (LAF) 6-0, 6-2
2. Ryan, Sharissa (FFDW) def. Moschella, Rocine (LAF) 6-1, 6-0
3. Radde, Allison (FFDW) def. Senopoulos,Catherine (LAF) 7-5, 6-0
4. Nelson, Kaila (FFDW) def. Almeida, Tori (LAF) 6-3, 6-3
5. Pirrello, Victoria (FFDW) def. Tracy, Lauren (LAF) 6-3, 6-1
6. Kusnierz, Amanda (LAF) def. Samson, Emma (FFDW) 8-3
1. Yajima, Monica/Koladzyn, Carolina (FFDW) def. Nixon, Caroline/Senopoulos,Catherine (LAF) 8-5
2. Ryan, Sharissa/Pirrello, Victoria (FFDW) def. Moschella, Rocine/Almeida, Tori (LAF) 8-5
3. Radde, Allison/Nelson, Kaila (FFDW) vs. Tracy, Lauren/Kusnierz, Amanda (LAF) 7-4, unfinished