Leopards Earn First Win
March 4, 2013
EASTON, Pa. - Lafayette women's tennis team notched its first win of the spring season, 6-1, over visiting Wagner on Saturday afternoon.
A pair of 6-0, 6-0 wins for the Leopards by first single's sophomore Amanda Kusnierz and fourth single's freshman Catherine Senopoulos powered Lafayette to a convincing victory Saturday. The Leopards received other singles victories from freshman Caroline Nixon and juniors Lucy Bass and Liza Blank.
Lafayette took all three doubles matches to earn the point. Bass and Senior Alison Dally won at first doubles, 8-2, while Kusnierz and Nixon swept second doubles, 8-0. Senopoulos and Blank handled their third doubles match, winning 8-2.
Lafayette returns to the court on Friday March 8, hosting St. Francis (Pa.) at 1 p.m.
Lafayette 6, Wagner 1
1. Amanda Kusnierz (LC) d. Nikki Arnold (WAG) 6-0, 6-0
2. Nicole Vukov (WAG) d. Jordyn Spellberg (LC) 6-2, 6-4
3. Caroline Nixon (LC) d. Rachel Jurgielewicz (WAG) 6-2, 6-1
4. Catherine Senopoulos (LC) d. Jenna Harris (WAG) 6-0, 6-0
5. Lucy Bass (LC) d. Julia Teichman (WAG) 6-3, 6-2
6. Liza Blank (LC) d. Aurora Brennan (WAG) 6-0, 6-1
1. Bass/Ali Dally (LC) d. Arnold/Teichman (WAG) 8-2
2. Kusnierz/Nixon (LC) d. Vukov/Harris (WAG) 8-0
3. Senopoulos/Blank (LC) d. Jurgielewicz/Lauren Hauer (WAG) 8-2