Leopards Fall to St. Peters
Feb. 22, 2013
EASTON, Pa. - The Lafayette women's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision at St. Peter's College on Thursday afternoon to fall to 0-1 this season.
Freshman Catherine Senopoulos won the only match for the Leopards at No. 6 singles over Jessica Nowodgrodzki, 8-4. Junior Lucy Bass battled in her No. 4 singles match against Ivana Grbelja, but fell 7-5, 6-4. At second doubles freshman Caroline Nixon and sophomore Amanda Kusnierz lost in a close match to Adina Halagian and Grbelja, 8-6.
The Leopards return to the court on March 1 when they host Towson at 3:30 p.m.
1. Alexandria Livingston (SPC) d. Caroline Nixon (LC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Adina Halagian (SPC) d. Jordyn Spellberg (LC) 6-1, 6-2
3. Joniesa Williams (SPC) d. Amanda Kusnierz (LC) 7-6(5), 6-1
4. Ivana Grbelja (SPC) d. Lucy Bass (LC) 7-5, 6-4
5. Vanessa Vogel (SPC) d. Liza Blank (LC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Catherine Senopoulos (LC) d. Jessica Nowodgrodzki (SPC) 8-4
1. Livingston/Williams (SPC) d. Bass/Ali Dally (LC) 8-0
2. Halagian/Grbelja (SPC) d. Nixon/Kusnierz (LC) 8-6
3. Blank/Senopoulos (LC) d. Vogel/Nowodgrodzki (SPC) 8-5