Women's Soccer Hosts Lehigh in Rivalry Tilt
| Lafayette (3-6-2, 1-3-1 PL) vs. Lehigh (6-3-4, 2-1-2 PL)
|Date||Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 7 p.m.|
|Location||Easton, Pa. | Oaks Stadium|
|Live Video||Patriot League Network|
|Social Media||Twitter & Facebook|
- Lafayette hosts the annual edition of the crosstown rivalry with Lehigh this evening. The Leopards currently sit at 1-3-1 in Patriot League play, a full week removed from their last contest at Colgate on Oct. 7.
- Saturday's game marks the Lafayette women's soccer annual Athlete Ally game. Athlete Ally is a club on campus that teaches and informs athletes about the LGBT community as a way to end homophobia and transphobia in athletics. For more information on the Athlete Ally initiative and its impact on college athletics, please click here.
- It’s been the Krista Kissell show for the Maroon and White in recent games as the freshman has returned from injury to score three goals in her first five collegiate performances. The most important of the three came in the Army and Holy Cross games, helping to earn points for her side. Against Army on Sept. 27, she scored the game’s only goal in the 46th minute. At Holy Cross, her 84th-minute tally forced overtime as the Leopards worked a result in Worcester.
- Senior goalkeeper Kelly O’Brien notched her first full game of the season in the loss to Colgate. Prior to Oct. 7, she had been handling second-half duties for the Maroon and White. O’Brien carries a 2-2-2 record into tonight’s tilt, saving 78.7 percent of shots sent her way.
- With the Columbia cancellation on Monday, its Patriot League action the rest of the way for Lafayette, traveling to Navy on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. battle with the Mids.