Feb. 24, 2014
BOSTON, Mass. – The Leopards dropped a 7-0 decision to Boston University on Sunday in their first match of the spring season.
Junior Brandon Goldstein lost at first singles 6-3, 6-0 while sophomore Brian Pinkard was beat at second singles 6-4, 6-4. Sophomore Brian Stefanowicz was ousted in the third 6-0, 6-0 and freshman T.J. Morgan was defeated 6-4, 6-3 in the fourth. Sophomore Chris Matturri and sophomore Gavin Studner lost at the fifth and sixth singles, respectively.
In doubles, Goldstein and Pinkard were knocked off 8-3 and Stefanowicz and Morgan were bested 8-4. Studner and junior Jake Lazer lost a close one, 8-6, in third doubles match.
Lafayette returns to action this Friday, Feb. 28, at 1 p.m. in West Long Branch, N.J. in a match against Monmouth.
1. C. Varapongsittikul (BU) def. Brandon Goldstein (LC) 6-3, 6-0
2. Jesse Frieder (BU) def. Brian Pinkard (LC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Mario Sandoval (BU) def. Brian Stefanowicz (LC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Emilio Teran (BU) def. T.J. Morgan (LC) 6-4, 6-3
5. Jake De Vries (BU) def. Chris Matturri (LC) 6-2, 6-0
6. Brandon Phan (BU) def. Gavin Studner (LC) 6-2, 6-1
1. C. Varapongsittikul/Jesse Frieder (BU) def. Brandon Goldstein/Brian Pinkard (LC) 8-3
2. Stefan Lemire/Mario Sandoval (BU) def. Brian Stefanowicz/T.J. Morgan (LC) 8-4
3. Jay Leelavanich/Jake De Vries (BU) def. Gavin Studner/Jake Lazer (LC) 8-6