Maroon & White Return Home to Host Princeton
Oct. 2, 2012
THE OPENING KICK-OFF
• THE MATCH-UP: Lafayette (3-1) hosts Princeton (1-2) on Saturday at Fisher Stadium. The Leopards look to rebound from their first loss of the season, a 31-28 setback at Robert Morris. Lafayette erased a 21-point halftime deficit only to have RMU kick a game-winning field goal with 19 seconds left in regulation.
• RCN COMMUNITY NIGHT: Forks Township police officer Brooks Kranich will sing the national anthem and Easton Mayor Sal Panto will handle the pre-game coin toss.
• ON THE LEFT SIDE: Just a sophomore, Luke Chiarolanzio, anchors the offensive line. Chiarolanzio has started 14 straight games at tackle (10 as a freshman at right tackle and four this season at left tackle). Lining up next to him at left guard is Brad Bormann, a starter at guard in six games as a sophomore and all four this season.
• Princeton enters the weekend with a 1-2 record, but just four points separate the Tigers from a 3-0 mark. Princeton dropped its opener, 17-14, at Lehigh on Sept. 15 and followed with a one-point loss (21-20) to Georgetown. The Tigers are coming off a 33-6 beatdown of Columbia in the Ivy League opener on Sept. 29.
• The Princeton defense has been the story in the early going, allowing just 14.7 points per game while surrendering 102 rushing yards and 213 passing yards per game.
• Senior OLB Andrew Starks has been the standout on defense, leading the team with 10.3 tackles per game. Seniors Mike Catapano and Caraun Reid, both all-Ivy League selections in 2011, anchor the line at end and tackle, respectively, while combining for five sacks.
• Bob Surace (Princeton '90) is in his third season at Princeton and holds a 3-20 record at the school.
Lafayette Athletics, as a partner in the mission of the College, provides an incredibly effective learning experience for student-athletes through competitive NCAA Division I athletics. Lafayette sponsors 23 varsity sports with more than 600 student-athletes.Mission Statement | Leopard Tradition | Staff Directory | Feedback | Ask the AD
The Lafayette Sports Network (LSN) handles all multimedia elements and advertising sales for athletics at Lafayette College. LSN is the Patriot League leader in delivering high-quality programming worldwide via television, radio, streaming video and satellite.Advertising and Sponsorships | Digital Media | LSN TV & Radio Affiliates