Leopards Kick Off Patriot League Tourney in Kirby
| Lafayette (9-20, 7-11 PL) vs. American (6-23, 3-15 PL)
|Date||Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018 at 7 p.m.|
|Location||Easton, Pa. | Kirby Sports Center|
|Game Notes||Lafayette | American|
|Television|| Lafayette Sports Network (RCN 1004/608 HD, WBPH-60 HD)
PxP: Gary Laubach | Analyst: John Leone | Sideline: Mike Joseph
|Online||Patriot League Network|
|Tournament Info||2018 Patriot League Tournament|
|Social Media||Twitter & Facebook|
- Lafayette opens the Patriot League Tournament at home on Tuesday evening, hosting 10th-seeded American at 7 p.m. The Leopards will try to take down the Eagles for the third time this season, winning in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 20, 62-53, and in Easton on Feb. 17, 90-85.
- The Leopards have never lost a home game in the Patriot League Tournament, entering Tuesday night's game at 10-0 at Kirby Sports Center in postseason play. Overall, Lafayette is 21-24 in Patriot League Tournament action.
- Lafayette will try to right the ship for a tournament run, entering postseason play with two straight defeats. Prior to those losses, Lafayette had won four of its previous six games, all at home, to climb into the seventh seed.
- The first 100 Lafayette students will receive free admission to Tuesday's game, compliments of Lafayette's Dean of Students.
- The winner of Tuesday's game will move on to face second-seeded Colgate in the quarterfinal round on Thursday. Lafayette defeated Colgate twice this season, including a 71-68 win in Hamilton on Jan. 5.