Patriot League Play Resumes at Navy
April 19, 2013
The Lafayette baseball team resumes action this weekend in Annapolis, Md. when it takes on Navy. Sunday's game at 1 p.m. will be televised nationally on CBS Sports Network.
Navy leads the all-time series with Lafayette, 65-36-2 and have taken the previous five meetings from the Leopards, including a four-game sweep last season in Easton, Pa.
Probable Starters (Lafayette vs. Navy)
Game 1 - Michael Massa (2-5, 4.24 ERA) vs. Stephen Moore (3-2, 2.66 ERA)
Game 2 - Connor Ortolf (0-4, 6.25 ERA) vs. Johnny Schoberl (2-5, 6.00 ERA)
Game 3 - Mitch Leeds (1-1, 4.06 ERA) vs. Anthony Parenti (2-3, 5.09 ERA)
Game 4 - TBA vs. Luke Gillingham (2-3, 3.89 ERA)
Patriot League Standings
The forecast for this weekend will be mostly sunny on Saturday with a high of 59 degrees. Sunday is projected to be sunny with temperatures reaching the mid 50's.
Following this weekend's four-game series with Navy, Lafayette will travel to Jersey shore to take on Monmouth. First pitch from West Long Branch is set for Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- 14 home games, including 3 Patriot League series
- Home Patriot League series with Lehigh, Holy Cross and Army
- Non-conference home games vs. La Salle, Penn, Seton Hall and Rutgers
- Other non-conference games vs. Georgetown, Davidson, Campbell, Rider, Maryland Eastern Shore, Temple, North Florida, Wagner, Monmouth, Manhattan
- Lafayette renews its series with rival Lehigh with a pair of doubleheaders in Easton, Pa. on March 30 and 31.
- Two opponents from 2012 NCAA Tourney (Army and Manhattan)
- First time opponents in Campbell, Maryland Eastern Shore and North Florida