Senior Day Highlights Weekend Bucknell Series
|Saturday: Game 1 Live Stats | Game 2 Live Stats
Sunday: Game 1 Live Stats | Game 2 Live Stats
Live Video (All Weekend): HERE
EASTON, Pa. – Lafayette hosts its final Patriot League home series of the season this weekend when Bucknell heads to Kamine Stadium for doubleheaders on Saturday and Sunday. Game 1 on Saturday is set to begin at 12 p.m., while Sunday’s twin bill will start at 12:15 p.m.
Prior to the games on Sunday, the Leopards will recognize 10 seniors for their contributions to the program. Tyler Hudson, Andrew Landolfi, Michael Coniglio, Jackson Kramer, Ari Kaufman, Alex Nickles, Connor McMahon, Campbell Lipe, Ryan Callanan and Mitch Leeds are all in the midst of their final season on College Hill.
The Bison (14-21, 5-3 PL) are currently tied for first place with Navy and Holy Cross in the Patriot League standings, while Lafayette (10-20, 4-4 PL) is one game back of the trio in fourth place.
LAFAYETTE AT A GLANCE
- Lafayette is second in the Patriot League with 42 stolen bases on the year, and the Maroon and White lead the way with 12 swipes during conference play. Coniglio is one of the main reasons why, with the senior outfielder ranking first in the league and tied for 14th overall in the NCAA with 20 stolen bases on 20 attempts. Nine different Leopards have at least one stolen base in 2016.
- David Bednar has struck out 14 batters through 14 innings in his first two Patriot League appearances, and he is second in the conference overall with 44 Ks for the season. Bednar has moved into a tie for seventh-place in program history with 162 strikeouts in his career. He is only two back of Marcus Ward ’04 and Ken Bradford ’77 for fifth place, and he is five shy of Jeff Mutis ’88 in fourth place.
- Among regular starters, Lipe has a team-high .409 batting average in the team’s first eight conference games, collecting hits in 9-of-22 at-bats. Dan Leckie, meanwhile, is batting .345 with a team-high four doubles and seven RBIs.
- Lafayette has out-homered opponents by a 6-2 margin during conference play.
- Bednar, Leeds, John Cain and Trevor Houck are Lafayette’s projected starters for the weekend.
- The Bison are coming off of an 8-1 defeat at Penn State on Wednesday night. They split a four-game series with Army West Point last weekend after taking 3-of-4 from Lehigh at home to begin the conference season.
- Sam Clark is batting .480 (12-for-25) through the first eight Patriot League games and .302 overall, while Brett Smith has a team-high .345 average on the season. Spencer Stokes has also been strong with a .323 average, 13 doubles and 22 RBIs.
- RHP Dan Keller, projected to start Game 1 on Sunday, has allowed only one earned run through his first 14 Patriot League innings, and he has a 3.05 ERA overall. LHP Jack Grabek, who is expected to follow Keller in Game 2 on Sunday, has a 2.59 ERA through his first 31 1/3 innings pitched.
- RHP Andrew Andreychik (5.44 ERA) and LHP Mike Castellani (4.60 ERA) are Bucknell’s expected Saturday starters.
- Lafayette holds a 116-67 advantage in a series which dates back to 1897.
- The Leopards took 3-of-4 from the Bison in Lewisburg, Pa., last season. Lipe hit .538 in the series (7-for-13) with four doubles, while Alex Woinski (.444) and Steven Cohen (.400) also had strong weekends. Bednar allowed two runs over seven innings to help Lafayette to a 4-2 victory in the opener.
- Bucknell won 3-of-4 when the teams last met in Easton back in 2014.
- Lafayette was the last squad to earn a sweep in the series, doing so back in 2007, while Bucknell won all four meetings in 2005.
AROUND THE PATRIOT LEAGUE
- Lehigh (13-21, 2-6 PL) which is currently last in the six-team conference, travels to Navy (26-9-1, 5-3 PL) while Holy Cross (15-20, 5-3 PL) hosts fifth-place Army West Point (12-20, 3-5 PL) in the other two Patriot League series this weekend.
- Lafayette is scheduled to host Monmouth for a 3:30 p.m. non-conference matchup on Wednesday at Kamine Stadium.