Leopards Take on Rider
March 4, 2013
Lafayette makes the trip to Lawrenceville, N.J. on Tuesday afternoon to take on Rider. The Leopards come into the game 0-6 after two weekend trips to North Carolina to open the season.
The Broncs are off to a strong start at 5-1, with two wins over Norfolk State and a three game sweep of Radford. Rider is paced by senior third baseman Adam Wayman who leads the Broncs with 11 hits, while hitting four doubles and knocking in six runs. Junior outfielder Nick Crescenzo leads the team in RBI with nine, while senior outfielder Ian Lindsay has hit the only home run for the Broncs. Junior Jerry Mulderig and sophomore Greg Fazio are tied for third on the team with five runs batted in.
All Time Series The Leopards are 37-40 all-time in a series that dates back to 1947. Lafayette won the only meeting last year on College Hill, 6-3.
Lafayette – LHP - TBD
Rider – LHP – TBD
The forecast for Tuesday in Lawrenceville, N.J. is sunny with a high of 46 degrees with a 10 percent chance of rain.
Lafayette leadoff man, junior Andrew Santomauro is the leading batter for the Leopards with six hits in 21 at bats for a .286 batting average this season. The outfielder is tied for the team lead with four runs scored and has been walked four times.
The Leopards will travel to Princess Anne, Md. for a four-game series this weekend against Maryland Eastern Shore.
The Leopards were picked to finish fifth in the Patriot League Preseason Poll, after going 14-37-1 a season ago. Lafayette senior co-captain Kevin Casey garnered Preseason All-Patriot League honors at second base on the League’s inaugural preseason team. Casey hit .330 last season with 17 RBI.
- 14 home games, including 3 Patriot League series
- Home Patriot League series with Lehigh, Holy Cross and Army
- Non-conference home games vs. La Salle, Penn, Seton Hall and Rutgers
- Other non-conference games vs. Georgetown, Davidson, Campbell, Rider, Maryland Eastern Shore, Temple, North Florida, Wagner, Monmouth, Manhattan
- Lafayette renews its series with rival Lehigh with a pair of doubleheaders in Easton, Pa. on March 30 and 31.
- Two opponents from 2012 NCAA Tourney (Army and Manhattan)
- First time opponents in Campbell, Maryland Eastern Shore and North Florida