Hazlett Shines on First Day of Indoor Championships
Feb. 17, 2012
Lewisburg, Pa. - Senior Stephanie Hazlett led the Lafayette track and field squad on the first day of the Patriot League Indoor Track and Field Championships hosted by Bucknell this weekend.
Jumping up three slots after her fifth-place finish last year, Hazlett took second overall in the Pentathlon with a combined score of 3,331 points. The second place finish will earn her Second-Team All-Patriot League honors.The effort also moved Hazlet into fifth all-time in school history.
On the men's side, Nick Carboni sits in ninth place after the first day of the two-day event. Carboni has improved last year's mark of 2,286 combined points after the first day with a day-end score of 2,397 points.
Tomorrow's begins with the final three events of the men's pentathlon featuring the 60m hurdles, the 1000m and the pole vault competitions. Day two also features men's and women's high jump, long jump and weight throw, as well as the 4 X 800m relay for both sides.
1. Brooke Astor, Lehigh - 3,450 points
2. Stephanie Hazlett, Lafayette - 3,331
3. Christina Johnson, Army - 3,323
4. Sarah Dahlstrom, Holy Cross - 3,187
5. Melanie Sluzewicz, Navy - 3,159
6. Arian Davis, Navy - 3,063
7. Natalie Bates, Lehigh - 3,022
8. Lindsey Danilack, Army - 2,838
9. Victoria Schmidt, Bucknell - 2,738
10. Sarah Canfield, Bucknell - 2,691