EMERGENCY PERSONNEL: Certified athletic trainer and student athletic trainer(s) on site competitions and most practices; otherwise coach certified in First Aid /CPR; MD on site for Basketball competition.
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION: Kirby Athletic Training room or athletic offices; If closed - Payphones located near elevators across from fitness center.
EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT: Supplies (AED, oxygen, splint kit, spine board) maintained in Sports Medicine Facility.
ROLE OF FIRST RESPONDERS
1. Immediate care of the injured or ill student-athlete
2. Call Staff Athletic Trainer (if available)
3. Emergency equipment retrieval
4. Activation of emergency medical system (EMS); Call 911 and request an ambulance
5. Direction of EMS to the scene
a. Open appropriate doors
b. Designate individual to "flag down" EMS and direct to scene
c. Scene control: limit scene to first aid providers and move bystanders away from area.
VENUE DIRECTIONS: Kirby Sports Center is located on the corners of Pierce and Hamilton Streets across from the tennis courts. The EMS entrance for varsity athletic activities in Kirby Sports Center Arena is on Pierce Street.