|Bourger Varsity Football House|
|Related Links||Bourger Varsity Football House Photo Gallery||Fisher Stadium||Tickets||Directions|
Opened in 2007, the 24,000 square foot Bourger Varsity Football House at the west end of Fisher Field completed the transformation of Lafayette's football facilities into the state-of-the-art Fisher Stadium.
In addition to featuring a spacious lobby and reception area, the first floor of the Bourger Varsity Football House contains the team's locker room, strength and conditioning areas, and sports medicine facilities, including a hydrotherapy room. The upper level houses coaches' offices, a gallery with displays honoring "Legends of Lafayette Football," and several meeting rooms, one of which is large enough to accommodate the entire team. That area, which can also be divided into four separate units, features audio-visual capabilities that match those in the "smart classrooms" in the College's academic buildings.
The building's name recognizes the special generosity of John T. (Jack) Bourger '71 and Selena Vanderwerf. They named the facility in loving memory of both Jack's parents and in appreciation for the unstinting support and encouragement that father Eugene J. (Mike) '44 (1922-2004) and mother Ruth P'71 (1922-2005) provided to Jack when he was a member of Lafayette's varsity football squad.